Re: GUI programming

Jozef Peterka wrote:
> Hi there,
> just a short note: there are MANY popular toolkits, mostly qt(KDE),
> gtk(GNOME), wx, etc. etc.
> But, you are probably asking about multiplatformness of those. So let
> see ... look at all the great mozilla software, they are writen with GTK
> + toolkit, and as you can now firefox, thunderbird etc. are well running
> both on linux, bsd(s) and windows - maybe gtk+ is what you are looking
> for...

AFAIK mozilla is written on top of /all/ those toolkits (QT, GTK,
Windows), with an insulating abstraction layer.  So that happens to be a
bad example.

IIRC wxwidgets basically is such an abstraction layer, which might make
it very suitable toolkit to use.

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

What if I don't want to obey the laws? Do they throw me in jail with
the other bad monads?
     -- Daveman