Advice: Hardware vs. Software RAID5

I'm looking for general advice/tips/admonitions of doom.  I'm getting
ready to build a file server and I want to have some data redundancy.
I've ordered four 350G SATA drives and I plan to put them into some
kind of RAID 5 configuration.  The boot disk will be a separate IDE
drive.

The motherboard I'm using is an intel d945gnt.  It has an intel Martix
driver that will let me do RAID 5 in the bios.  Then, linux should see
one big whopping device.  That sounds like the easiest solution to me.

Option two is to use linux software RAID.  I've never done that
before, but I can learn.

So, please help me to make a decision.  Thanks.  (if it matters, this
is just a file server for my home.  I don't need super high throughput
or anything like that)