Re: [OT]FF beta2: not so good...

Kelly Clowers wrote:
On Jan 14, 2008 4:40 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:
Александър Л. Димитров wrote:
Hello Hugo,

Quoth Hugo Vanwoerkom:
Hi,

With FF beta2 my use of FF instead of Iceweasel ends.
You may want to try beta3 then.

<snip>

I could. Part of the problem is my setup: I have HOME on a separate
partition, so beta's can mess up a working setup.

I don't understand. I use the Mozilla nightlies as my main browser,
and my /home is on a separate partition. I have no trouble using
Iceape or Iceweasel when I want to.

True enough. But the situation changes when you start using "testing only" beta's: they might mess up the data in the HOME directory so that it is messed up for everybody. That won't happen if you stick with the Debian only software, but those FF beta's are different.

Hugo