Re: [OT] top posting

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:58:06 +1100
Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:

> All I am trying to point out is for a normal user ( ie somebody who
> is subscribed to the list), when a thread starts, you read them in
> date/time order as them come in, why seems illogical to have to
> scroll through stuff that you have just read.

Again: There is NO NEED to "scroll" through redundant stuff! You need to EDIT the irrelevant stuff away! What's so hard to understand about this?

Do you notice that this posting, although it is deep in an ongoing thread, covers barely half a screen page, yet it comes right to the point and contains enough quoted context so that anybody jumping onto the thread at this point sees what it's all about, while someone who has followed the thread from the beginning doesn't fall asleep scrolling through pages of ground that's been covered many times over?

--D.