Re: [OT] top posting

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 01:10:00AM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 15/01/2008, Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:
> > my mail reader sort my mail in date order and links together all the threaded
> > emails.  I read them in date/time  order, if I follow a thread from begging to
> > end, then all i should have to do is read the top posts, but if they bottom
> > posted, then as the thread grows I find I have to scroll further down, re
> > reading the same information I have read in the previous email.
> >

> Too bad the whole world doesn't use your mail reader. The whole world
> should be forced to use the same mail reader, and the same office suit
> and web browser while we're at it. On the same OS. Oh, wait, Microsoft
> _is_ trying to accomplish that.
I am using mutt, but I believe most mail readers thread emails for you.

All I am trying to point out is for a normal user ( ie somebody who is
subscribed to the list), when a thread starts, you read them in date/time order
as them come in, why seems illogical to have to scroll through stuff that you
have just read.  The exception is of course when you start a thread in the
middle.

> Also, your mail was _middle_posted_ and quoted every message before it
> in full. You really are aiming for the worse of all worlds, aren't
> you?
I believe (maybe wrongly ) that this mailing list is a non top-posting list, I
try and conform.

if I have offended my appologies

> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://what-is-what.com
> http://gibberish.co.il
> א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-נ-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

"The recession started upon my arrival. It could have been -- some say February, some say March, some speculate maybe earlier it started -- but nevertheless, it happened as we showed up here. The attacks on our country affected our economy. Corporate scandals affected the confidence of people and therefore affected the economy. My decision on Iraq, this kind of march to war, affected the economy."

	- George W. Bush
02/08/2004
on Meet the Press