Re: Scim in sid

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 11:16:20PM +0900, Joel Roth wrote:

   > My .xsession file contains the following entries to enable
   > me to use scim for Japanese input.
   >
   > 	export XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM"
   > 	export GTK_IM_MODULE="scim"
   > 	export QT_IM_MODULE="scim"
   > 	export LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.utf8
   > 	#export LANG=ja_JP.utf8
   > 	#export LC_ALL=ja_JP.utf8
   > 	/usr/bin/scim -d &

I had created a file /etc/X11/Xsession.d/75scim with the following
lines:

export XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM"
export XIM_PROGRAM="/usr/bin/scim -d"
export GTK_IM_MODULE=scim
export QT_IM_MODULE=scim

This would start the scim whenever I logged in via gdm and so far had no
issues with it. Plus, it is global, so every user had scim enabled by
default :-)

Doing it your way (which I see is no different) is working. Thanks for
the tip. I have no idea why the earlier method is failing.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

It just doesn't seem right to go over the river and through the woods
to Grandmother's condo.