Re: Syncing mail with a PalmOs device

On Fri January 11 2008, Celejar wrote:
> I may have been unclear, but pilot-link works fine, and I assume jpilot
> will too, once I configure it.  My problem is that IIUC, syncing the
> data for specific apps requires conduits designed for the apps'
> specific database formats, and I know of no conduit currently in Debian
> that will handle mail (either Versamail, or the OSS GnuGotMail would be
> fine).  Does kpilot contain a mail conduit?  I don't use KDE, but a
> solid mail conduit might be a sufficient reason to install it.  I'd
> think, however, that if it does contain a mail conduit, I should be
> able to use it without the entire KDE framework.

hmm, I don't do email on my palm, so I am not familiar with that aspect. I
fired up kpilot and I don't see any reference to email. Don't you have
a "normal" computer for email that is set to not delete emails from the
server? Since I don't use this feature, I'll let someone more knowledgeable
answer.
I did find this page:
http://www.sourcepole.ch/2006/9/6/linux-desktop-organizer-software-for-the-palm-pilot

that mentions email sync:
#
# Email syncing capabilities (via POP3 & sendmail)
# SmartSync backing up modified data even for databases KPilot doesn't
recognize

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800