Re: What is going on in debian-user?

On Jan 8, 2008, at 6:23 AM, John Hasler wrote:
This is true, but there has been a surge in spam on this list recently. It is quite clear that all the spam is not getting through, but I'm seeing
more here than on other lists. and more than usual.

Yup. I'd say fully half my spam today came from debian-user. I'm starting to think about unsubscribing; it just is starting to take too much work to sort out the wheat from the chaff, and my spam filter doesn't seem to work very well on list mail.

Maybe it's time to revisit the idea of allowing only members to post?