Autostart programs: How to remove them?

Hello,

it's still me and my GNOME desktop. One thing that irritates me: I once installed a Google desktop indexing tool, which now starts up every time I start GNOME. I tried to disable it, but it doesn't work. When I go to Desktop->Preferences->Sessions and then delete it from the list of "Startup Programs" (where it is the only entry), it always re-appears there. How can I disable it for good? Where does GNOME store its information about programs to launch at startup?

--D.