Re: Autostart programs: How to remove them?

--- Dan H <dunno@stoptrick.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> it's still me and my GNOME desktop. One thing that
> irritates me: I once installed a Google desktop
> indexing tool, which now starts up every time I
> start GNOME. I tried to disable it, but it doesn't
> work. When I go to Desktop->Preferences->Sessions
> and then delete it from the list of "Startup
> Programs" (where it is the only entry), it always
> re-appears there. How can I disable it for good?
> Where does GNOME store its information about
> programs to launch at startup?
>
> --D.

Dan, I'm not sure if this will apply to you, since I
am using
XFCE (never did like Gnome).
But check to see if you have a ~/.config folder. In
that folder
there is a folder "autostart", and in it are programs
to be started
at login.

HTHs. Best regards.

-- Angus

######Linux Laptop powered by Debian Linux######
###########Reg. Linux User #278931###########

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs