Re: What's happening with the 3.1r7 install iso?

Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 10:16:49PM -0500, Rick Thomas wrote:
The big deal is that the 3.1r6a iso's are broken. They don't offer "oldstable" as an option for the distribution to install. So you have to choose "stable" (or even "testing") and then break to a shell to do manual surgery on the sources.list file if you want to install Sarge. For pedagogic reasons, I want students to install Sarge, not Etch, on their lab machines. This makes it difficult.

You mean that there are NO sarge CDs available?  It sounds like any
version of Sarge would do you.

If I had one I'd find a way to get you an image but I could never get
Sarge to install on any of my boxes.  I had to install Woody and upgrade
from there.
Surely somebody on the list has a Sarge netinst.iso that you could get.

I could help, given the time factor.

I have a 3.1r0a disc in the back of Martin Krafft's book - "The Debian System Concepts and Techniques", No Starch Press. ISBN 1-59327-069-0, but I'm stuck at work on an XP polluted laptop with no opportunities presenting. My new SID powered box will be finished in just a couple of days and I'll be able to send you something then. Failing that, depending on where you are, you might be in a position to purchase the book yourself.

Whichever is quickest.
Regards,

--
David Palmer