Re: What's happening with the 3.1r7 install iso?

On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 10:16:49PM -0500, Rick Thomas wrote:
> The big deal is that the 3.1r6a iso's are broken.  They don't offer
> "oldstable" as an option for the distribution to install.  So you
> have to choose "stable" (or even "testing") and then break to a shell
> to do manual surgery on the sources.list file if you want to install
> Sarge.  For pedagogic reasons, I want students to install Sarge, not
> Etch, on their lab machines.  This makes it difficult.

You mean that there are NO sarge CDs available?  It sounds like any
version of Sarge would do you.

If I had one I'd find a way to get you an image but I could never get
Sarge to install on any of my boxes.  I had to install Woody and upgrade
from there.

Surely somebody on the list has a Sarge netinst.iso that you could get.

Doug.