Re: latest radeon driver and full screen video

First, happy new year to you.

Bob a écrit :
Mmm, can you verify your second screen has square pixels, this is important, divide the horizontal resolution of the screen by the physical width of the panel and the vertical resolution by the physical height of the panel, you should get the same number.

My second screen is Sharp LCD 325ADE. The panel dimension are: 0.69x0.385 (approximately 16/9). And the resolution is 1360x768 (nearly 16/9).

A temporary fix is to call mplayer from the command line and pass it the aspect= option,
                aspect=<0-3>
                     Specify input aspect ratio:
                        0: 1:1
                        1: 4:3 (default)
                        2: 16:9
                        3: 2.21:1
I'm already using this option. This is when I choose this option that wrong display occurred.

I would try a bit harder to figure out the cause of the problem first as if its a bug in mplayer, we need to figure out what it is and it'll get fixed, if it's not a bug the newer versions will probably behave in the same way.
I have made some visuals to summarize the problem.

  1. I display a video on the second screen. The video is 4:3 ratio
     (resolution 320x240). I see a correct display (see
     http://romainjacquet.free.fr/screenshot3.png) but all the screen
     is not used.
  2. I make a right-click on gmplayer, I go on aspect ratio and I
     choose 16:9.
  3. I see a incorrect display. The video is correctly stretched but it
     is not centered. (http://romainjacquet.free.fr/screenshot3.png).

I strongly believe it is a mplayer bug...