Re: Recommended MPLAYER config for old computers

> What happens if you run cdck to check the quality of the DVD?

I installed cdck from the deb repo and ran it. A lot of errors. There are a lot:

! unable to read sector 195007, reason: Input/output error
! unable to read sector 195008, reason: Input/output error
! unable to read sector 195009, reason: Input/output error
! unable to read sector 195010, reason: Input/output error
! unable to read sector 195203, reason: Input/output error
! unable to read sector 195204, reason: Input/output error
! unable to read sector 195205, reason: Input/output error

> Can you turn the DVD into an iso or something file and play from hard
> disk?

How do I do this? mkisofs? Or can I use mencode or dvdbackup? What do you recommend?

THanks.