Re: FLOSS support for signed PDFs

Celejar writes:
> A financial institution refused to enable electronic delivery unless it
> detected Acrobat Reader installed on my system.

How are they doing this detection?  Could you spoof it?

> [Our] statements are created using Adobe Acrobat software and a digital
> signature is added for security purposes.  As the Adobe Acrobat Reader is
> currently the only PDF reader that fully supports digitally signed PDF
> files, this software is required to ensure that the document is genuine.

<http://www.secardeo.com/Trusted_E-Business/Digital_Signatures/PDF-FAQ/pdf-faq.html>

pdfinfo _might_ get you the signature if you want to verify it (but you'd
have to get their certificate somehow).

Or perhaps they are using PGP:
<https://www.veridis.com/philip-zimmermann/philip-zimmermann-corner/digitally-signed-pdf-files-now-with-openpgp-keys-%28by-philip-zimmermann%29.htm>

This looks interesting: