Re: advantages and disadvantages of local/lang en_CA.UTF-8?

If I write a plain text, in english, on my UTF-8 stock debian system, is
it safe to assume that it will be readable by a computer that doesn't do
UTF-8 that just has 'C'?  Will that multi-lingual README written in
UTF-8 at least be readable in english on a system with just 'C'?

I don't particularily care if the chinese section shows properly on my
system since I don't read chinese.  Ditto french.

Having multiple languages in one README file just seems, to me, a great
way to waste bandwidth and storage space.  I only have one computer with
over 1GB of drive space; all the others are tight.  But that's a
different gripe.

Doug.