Re: Strange reaction to keyboard at first login

On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 09:21:36AM -0500, cothrige wrote:
> I have a strange thing happening when I try to login immediately after
> boot.  It only happens once, and then everything is fine, but it still
> bugs me.  After booting, which seems completely normal, the first time
> I touch the keyboard this pops up on screen:
>
> "input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard as /class/input/input4"
>
> This always causes the initial login attempt to fail, and so I need to
> do it again.  Little thing, but I can't help thinking it shouldn't do
> it, and there must be something I can do to stop it.  I tried doing a
> google search but this seems to come up in other people's normal boot
> process, rather than waiting for a first input from the keyboard.  So,

Is this a stock Debian kernel or a self compiled one?
Is this from the CLI or from a GUI? (i.e x or no x)

It seems like the kernel module for the keyboard isn't being loaded at
boot but on demand - and even then, not loading cleanly for some reason.

Is there anything slightly sus in the syslog boot messages?