Strange reaction to keyboard at first login

I have a strange thing happening when I try to login immediately after
boot.  It only happens once, and then everything is fine, but it still
bugs me.  After booting, which seems completely normal, the first time
I touch the keyboard this pops up on screen:

"input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard as /class/input/input4"

This always causes the initial login attempt to fail, and so I need to
do it again.  Little thing, but I can't help thinking it shouldn't do
it, and there must be something I can do to stop it.  I tried doing a
google search but this seems to come up in other people's normal boot
process, rather than waiting for a first input from the keyboard.  So,
I can't seem to find any hint about how to stop it from happening
then, or to happen earlier when perhaps it should.

Is there a setting somewhere which will anticipate this problem?
Have I configured something incorrectly somewhere?  Not being a usb
keyboard or anything I didn't think it needed any configuration, but
maybe there is something I can change to alter the current behaviour.

Many thanks in advance,

Patrick