Re: I am ANGRY with Debian.

* Wesley J. Landaker (wjl@icecavern.net) wrote:

> Well since gNewSense is a derivative of Ubuntu which derives from Debian, by
> default the emacs docs would be out as well, unless they add them back in
> themselves. Looking at gNewSense, I got the impression that they only
> removed things and didn't actually modify packages to add things back in.

I was aware that gNewSense was derived from Ubuntu, but I suppose I
had not given much thought to how Ubuntu themselves handle these
things.  Do they just redistribute these things straight from Debian?
I suppose I simply assumed that they would include the documentation
for Emacs, either by restoring it to the Debian package or by
repackaging it entirely.  It makes me a bit curious thinking about it.

Patrick