Debian Etch can not startx

Hey,

I got a very old PC which was purchased 6 years ago. I use Debian
netinstall CD installed the base Debian etch system. I have been
trying to install basic GUI on it. Therefore I execute the following
command:[QUOTE]#aptitude update
aptitude install twm x-window-system[/QUOTE]

I was asked for some questions regarding to my hardware. I was not
quite sure whether my answer is right because I'm quite new to
computer hardware and I have no means to find the manuals for the old
PC.

After that the startx gave me the following errors
[QUOTE]X Window System Version 7.1.1
Release Date: 12 May 2006
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 7.1.1
Build Operating System: UNKNOWN
Current Operating System: Linux ronie 2.4.27-3-386 #1 Mon May 29
23:50:41 UTC 2006 i686
Build Date: 04 April 2007
        Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
Module Loader present
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Fri Jan  1 10:44:59 1999
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
(EE) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable
(EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/mice
        No such device.
(EE) Configured Mouse: cannot open input device
(EE) PreInit failed for input device "Configured Mouse"
    xkb_keycodes             { include "xfree86+aliases(qwerty)" };
    xkb_types                { include "complete" };
    xkb_compatibility        { include "complete" };
    xkb_symbols              { include "pc(pc105)+us" };
    xkb_geometry             { include "pc(pc104)" };
No core pointer

Fatal server error:
failed to initialize core devices
XIO:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
      after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
[/QUOTE]

I was trying dpkg-reconfigure xfree86 but it seems this does not bring
me the interfaces where I can reconfigure my x-window-system.

Can any of you give me some hint on how can I get over these problems
please?

Thanks a lot in advance!