Re: [OT] I also am AAAAANGRY (was Re: I am ANGRY with Debian.)

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 07:16:04AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> The Iroquois Confederacy existed before European Colonization, and
> were called the Five Nations.  However, Wikipedia says "at the
> height of their power in the seventeenth century, (there was only) a
> population of around twelve thousand people."
>
> Not to denigrate them, but
> a) they didn't call themselves "the United States of America", and
> b) those 12000 people just got swamped by European colonization.

People are reading something into my words that I didn't mean to put there,
namely that "state" means "good".  I'm just saying that "state" means
"state".  And that at the time of the founding "United States of America"
was literally true.
--
Carl Fink                                   nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at nitpickingblog.blogspot.com.  Reviews!  Observations!