Re: [OT] Re: Debian User List

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 08:24:25PM -0400, Andrew J. Barr wrote:
> Michael Pobega wrote:
> > Oh, and the point of this mail is that I too fall into the "Young"
> > group, seeing as I'm seventeen. While most of my friends have spent half
> > the day boasting about how AOL has a new layout, I've been trying to get
> > a LUG set up in my local area.
>
> I'm 22, FWIW. I can't help but think whenever I happen upon sites like
> this[0], things designed for people my age, "what an amazingly useless
> waste of resources!"
>
> [0] http://avatars.yahoo.com/ -- I was told this was the reason people
> on my Jabber account's Yahoo transport roster had these strange
> bobble-head buddy icons. Oh yeah, the "site requires Windows or OS X and
> Flash for no good reason."

Wow. That may be the most pointless site I've ever seen in all of my
time browsing the web. It even beats out "dablocc.com".

I can't believe the stupidity of our generation; MySpace addicts who
rant about their relationships ending and how they have no friends,
where in a technical reality they have 1,800+ MySpace buddies.

But then again, each generation has it's faults. Just look at the 60s!
:P

--
http://digital-haze.net/~pobega/ - My Website
If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative