Re: [OT] a dumb query? pls humor me

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 21:06:27 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote in
[🔎] 461475C3.9070204@dmiyu.org:

> Daniel B. wrote:
>> That's an unrealistic case that distracts from the rest of the cases.
>> It's rare the you _really_ know.  (Remember that "24" is fiction.)
>
>     Oh, I am quite aware it is fiction.  The problem isn't that I have
> forgotten that 24 is fiction the problem is that you, and others, do not
> believe reality isn't fiction.  You do not believe Ahmadinejad when he
> says he wants to wipe Isreal off the map.  You do not believe when
> clerics for Syria talk about how many rockets they have given to Hamas.

..I believe them.  Resorting to war is what people to when everything
else such as negotiations, fail so completely you convince them they are
going to be treated like the Jews were.

..Adolf Hitler ran a much more clever operation, he had a _lot_ of Jews
actually believe they were going to get rid of bugs in those "shower"
chambers at Auschwitz-Birkenau.

> You have forgotten that the ticking time bomb situation happens every
> day in Iraq which is amazing since the media reports every single
> bombing and every single death.  How is that not a ticking time bomb
> situation when *you*, personally, know that there will be violence often
> in the form of.... bombs!  What kind of disconnect do you have to have
> to harp on Bush for the violence when it doesn't suit your needs!

..and I don't see your "24" methods working, except to kill Muslims and
GI's.  _Because_ your and W's methods match so closely to Adolf Hitler's
the "gas chamber" nukes looks _so_ real.

>> No.  Most of the judging is of those who are using torture in much less
>> definite situations.
>
>     Really?  The instances that I have heard of were immediately after
>     9-11,
> immediately after the crushing victory of the Iraq war (news flash, we
> won,

..really?  ;o)

> the stat we went to war against no longer exists)

..under your theory here, Norway, France, Poland etc ceased to exist when
Adolf Hitler occupied it.

> when there was
> outstanding violence on a daily basis.  I have not heard of anything
> where it was months out of those situations.

..history repeating itself?  ;o)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv47iWKUv5A

>     Even so let's think a minute.  What was the timeline from the WTC
>     bombing
> to the WTC being hit with planes?  8 years, wasn't it?  8 *years*.  What
> has happened in the 5.5 years since 9-11.  Spain, Britain (almost 3
> times), Beslan, and countless others over a freakin' *cartoon*.
>
>     Again, disconnect much?

..I enjoy good toons.  ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: