Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 04:20:04PM -0400, judd@wadsworth.org wrote:

> Since some of the al-Qaeda and taliban prisoner's were in fact denied
> their GC protections, by being tortured, mistreated, etc., it's pretty
> obvious that the "QCs don't apply" provision was the operational part
> of this order, and not "taken out of context quite badly".  It's more
> reasonable to conclude that the other language was included as
> whitewash.

Actually, if what you described happened to *every* prisoner, *then* you
*might* *maybe* have a point.  However, it isn't happening to every
prisoner, if at all.  Now, what I'd like to knw:

 * Why does everything need to be some sort of vast conspiracy?
   Remember Hanlon's Razor?  It could have just as easily been someone
   overlooking something, someone going against orders, whatever.
 * In what way have the prisoners' GC protections allegedly been
   withheld?

Regards,

-Roberto

--