Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 11:33:39PM +0000, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 22:20:21 -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote in
> [🔎] 20070405022021.GA12522@santiago.connexer.com:
>
> > No, the media has suspect motives.  The Red Cross generally has OK
> > motives, though they are a bit left-leaning in their official views.
>
> ..the red cross is left-leaning.  Uh-uh.  And I thought red was the
> religious righteous republican color.  Now, the Nazis might agree with
> you here, I'm only aware of Danish Jews getting Red Cross visits in the
> concentration camps.

I was thinking that their decision to eschew moral absolutes (i.e., by
not condemning the terrorists) is quite leftist.

> > I did not mean professional as in career volunteer soldiers.  I was
> > referring to their comportment while POWs.
>
> ..for those germans holding norwegians or airmen or officers POW in WWII,
> I agree, for those holding Tuskegee airmen or GI's, I know too little,
> for those holding Jews, Polish, Russian etc "untermänchen" I disagree,
> these people were treated to neocon standards.

Holy cow, man!  Do you not read?  I was talking about German soldiers
who were held as POWs by the allies.

> >> ..where?  Sissy Boy George started these war crimes by policy, before
> >> invading Afghanistan.
> >>
> > Cite?
>
> ..chk 9/12-2001 thru 11/23-2001 EO's and White House lawyer tap dancing,
> if your lawyer pays me, I might do shill dance details here.  ;o)

Nov. 20         Executive Order: Delegation of Certain Authorities and
Assignment of Certain Functions Under the Trade Act of 2002
Nov. 15         Executive Order Regarding Undocumented Aliens in the
Caribbean Region
Oct. 7          Executive Order: Creating a Board of Inquiry to Report
on Certain Labor Disputes Affecting the Maritime Industry of the United
States
Sept. 18        Executive Order: Environmental Stewardship and
Transportation Infrastructure Project Reviews

Where?

> > I don't get it.  Why should the US be hed responsible for the actions of
> > the Iranian media?
>
> ..nice try on diversion.  All you need is a common interest in killing
> off the (moderate) Iranian middle class people.

Except that you have a problem with the US condemning Iran for parading
around captives on TV for propaganda.  I am simply asking why the US
should be held responsible for that?  That is an action of the Iranian
state-run television media.  How does your (obviously false) hyperbole
about the US wanting to kill the Iranian middle class have anything to
do with that?

> > However, it is a show of goodwill and civility.
>
> ..then you should _try_ beat Adolf Hitler on military ethics.

Again, saying that Hitler had any sort of military ethics is nothing
more than a demonstration of your complete divorcement from reality.
If a serial killer is a "good family" man, does that make him a role
model for anybody on anything?  No!

Regards,

-Roberto
--