Re: Debian User List

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 11:10:56AM -0400, Daniel B. wrote:
> s. keeling wrote:
> >Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <kamaraju@bluebottle.com>:
>
> >> If the list is getting RTFM questions, it also means that the manuals are
> >> just not good enough to be understood. So probably trying to improve the
>
> Or people aren't finding the documentation.

One idea I heard recently is to use the Debian wiki package pages as a
central resource on the package.  Users could add tips and links to
external resources and the package maintainer could occasionally prune
out outdated info.

The page could include resources that newbies wouldn't think to check
like links to its QA pages/bug listings, and maybe an online version of
the docs in /usr/share/doc/<package name>

I've found the biggest challenge in settting up fast moving features
like Xen on Debian is finding *current* documentation.  A Debian Wiki
package page would I think get the attention needed to achieve this.