Re: Debian User List

Michael Pobega wrote:
>> It would surely cut down on the number of RTFM and STFW responses, which
>> I have to say don't appear as often as I expected they would.
>>

> Actually, I have yet to see anyone on the list tell anyone to RTFM and
> STFW. I see that more or less on IRC (Because it's so fast moving
> nobody has time to answer the really dumb questions), but on the
> mailing list people seem to be a lot more mature and helpful (In
> comparison to forums.debian.net and IRC).

I do not generally feel like saying RTFM etc., simply because it does not
help much (both for the OP and for people reading archives). I simply do
not respond to such posts and let someone else who has more patience take
care of those threads.

If the list is getting RTFM questions, it also means that the manuals are
just not good enough to be understood. So probably trying to improve the
manuals is time well spent compared to writing emails with RTFMs...

just my 2 cents
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi