Re: Desktop user: Etch or the next testing?

Michael Pobega <pobega@gmail.com> wrote:

> The thing about Debian is that it had most of things I was looking for
> in a distro, at the time I was distro-hopping:
>
> 1) A democratic and community based distro
[...]
> 2) A distribution that supports free software
[...]
> 3) Stability
[...]
> 4) Rolling releases
[...]
> 5) A Strong Foundation
[...]
> 6) A Great Package Manager
[...]
> 7) A Large community

I would add:

8) The Policy

Although not very obvious, Debian Policy is responsible that 6)
provides 3),4), ... You can have the best package management ever
invented (which APT probably is), but you wouldn't be able to have
the rolling and stable releases with broken packages.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)