Re: Woohooo! Dell + Linux

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 17:04 +0000, Joe Hart wrote:
> Greg Folkert wrote:

> >> No worries.  I only recently decided to increase my level of
> >> nonconformance by including and accented character in my last name.
> >> This has to do with my recent (in the last few months) discovery of dead
> >> keys.  I have always signed it that way, I just never worried about it
> >> too much on the computer.
> >
> > Evolution doesn't have problems with your name... of course, I am not
> > voting for DPL this year.
>
> Notice with this mail, neither does IceDove.  I have a feeling it has
> something to do with the way Roberto sets his encoding.  The accent
> shows up fine when you send the message Greg.

I use, UTF-8. I have since ... a long, long time ago in a galaxy, far,
far away... errrrp
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The man, who, being really on the Way, falls upon hard times in the
world will not, as a consequence, turn to that friend who offers him
refuge and comfort and encourages his old self to survive. Rather, he
will seek out someone who will faithfully and inexorably help him to
risk himself, so that he may endure the suffering and pass courageously
through it. Only to the extent that man exposes himself over and over
again to annihilation, can that which is indestructible arise within
him. In this lies the dignity of daring.

Karlfried Graf von Durkheim
from The Way of Transformation