Re: [ML ISSUE] reply-to field ?

On Sun, 2007-04-01 at 15:46 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 04/01/07 14:01, nicolas.flinois@gmail.com wrote:
> > Seth,
> >
> > I think you really understood my intentions. And still agree with all
> > of your 6 points. As a personal view, I have the skills to set up a
> > good MUA but this ML makes trouble for my day-to-day usage since I am
> > using several machines, and I am neither root on all of them nor
> > authorized to use bandwidth, ports and protocols the way I want. So,
> > instead of being considered as a flammer by the whole readers, I just
> > tried to point out the limits of this ML. Considering it as a
> > community tools, with high usability for experienced as well as
> > newbies, and not just as a personal problem. Nothing more.
>
> In the case of needing access from multiple systems, you should use
> the usenet gateway and a newsreader.
> nntp://linux.debian.user
>  or
> http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user
> nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user

I've been wondering for a while whether I can 'evolution'
 ii  evolution      2.0.4-2sarge1  The groupware suite
to read this mailing list (emails) more as a newsgroup to, eg, allow me
to 'kill' a thread (rather than having to manually delete each email)...
I tried setting up a new account and choosing "USEnet news" as the
server type with each of the above as the configuration host but it just
timed out or gave other errors (IIRC, it couldn't find/determine the
domain).

Anybody got Evolution to read this ML as a newsgroup?

Michael
PS: apols if I\ve got any terminology wrong