Re: Woohooo! Dell + Linux

Johannes Wiedersich escribió:
Listas Locatel wrote:
Johannes Wiedersich escribió:
Windows *is* better, since it has more users than any other OS, and
those simply can't be wrong. The same applies to M$ office.
??? think you that windows is better ??

No. In continuation to Roberto's irony, I just 'quote' what I think are
the main reasons for people to continue to use windows and why they
think/feel that their choice is right.

Expensive marketing and missing marketing also play a role to influence
people's decisions. People are taught in subtle and not so subtle ways,
that the way their M$ O$ works is right (even if it isn't), while Open
Source and debian in particular don't hide their problems.

Even for the users, Ubuntu is
more easy than  Windows and for servers Debian is more stable,
flexible.......

And debian is better than ubuntu. Ubuntu might be more easy for users
switching from windows, but debian's stability will pay off in the
longer run. (That really is *my* opinion -- based on my personal
experience. 8-)

Johannes

This is my opnion too, I am writing this in my Thunderbird on a Debian Desktop Computer.. and all of my linux servers have debian linux...and I think that Debian is better than Ubuntu.. but my feeling is: for a user Ubuntu is better because the easiest way to do any is more important than stability..Imagine a windows user ... the stability and flexibility of ubuntu is most than the windows !!

Best Regards...