Re: Woohooo! Dell + Linux

Listas Locatel wrote:
> Johannes Wiedersich escribió:
>> Windows *is* better, since it has more users than any other OS, and
>> those simply can't be wrong. The same applies to M$ office.
>>

> ??? think you that windows is better ??

No. In continuation to Roberto's irony, I just 'quote' what I think are
the main reasons for people to continue to use windows and why they
think/feel that their choice is right.

Expensive marketing and missing marketing also play a role to influence
people's decisions. People are taught in subtle and not so subtle ways,
that the way their M$ O$ works is right (even if it isn't), while Open
Source and debian in particular don't hide their problems.

> Even for the users, Ubuntu is
> more easy than  Windows and for servers Debian is more stable,
> flexible.......

And debian is better than ubuntu. Ubuntu might be more easy for users
switching from windows, but debian's stability will pay off in the
longer run. (That really is *my* opinion -- based on my personal
experience. 8-)

Johannes