Re: GPG and Signing

Joe Hart writes:
> My doubts of the NSA mostly come from watching too many "conspiracy
>theory" [movies]...

There may be worse sources if information, but I can think of few.

> The phrase "in the interest of National Security" has been and can be
> used to cover up just about anything, and the NSA is one organization
> that frankly scares me in what they can get away with.

I would be the last to suggest that one should trust any agency of any
government.  What is naive and simplistic is viewing the people involved as
Hollywood cardboard-cutout villains.  The fact is that most people in
government (_any_ government) believe that they are acting in the best
interest of the citizens most of time.  They are almost always wrong, but
they are also almost always sincere.

> Now get to be watched by the CIA instead of the FBI, and the ATF.

I doubt that any US government agency has the slightest interest in your
activities.
--
John Hasler