Re: Pronunciation of common Linux-related words

On Sat, 2007-03-31 at 16:18 -0700, Dusty Wilson wrote:
> MySQL = My-ess-cue-ell (according to an old FAQ on MySQL's site)
> PostgreSQL = post-gress-cue-ell or ?

There's a actually some info on this on Wikipedia,

        "MySQL" is officially pronounced as "My Ess Queue Ell" /maɪ ɛs
        kjuː ɛl/, not "My sequel" /maɪ siːkwəl/. However, the company
        does not take issue with the pronunciation "My sequel" or other
        local variations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MySQL#Pronunciation

        PostgreSQL's unusual-looking name makes some readers pause when
        trying to pronounce it, especially those who pronounce SQL as
        "sequel". PostgreSQL's developers pronounce it /poːst ɡɹɛs kjuː
        ɛl/.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PostgreSQL

--
Cheers,