Re: Linux kernel image 2.6.23-1 + sound card yamaha YMF-754

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 09:40:25AM -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:

[...]

> Maybe the problem is not with the hardware itself, but with some
> firmware issue, as indicated by dmesg (firmware request failed).
>
> I'm attaching the dmesg output, the lspci -v output, the alsaconf output...
>
> Did something particularly special changed with kernel 2.6.23-1, which
> might be 2.6.23-2 instead according to aptitude (reading from aptitude
> linux-image-2.6.23-1-686, version 2.6.23-2)?

I think I recall a discussion on d-devel about licence issues with some
firmwares in the kernel. Probably that's why they got removed. You
already solved your problem, but have a look in the non-free repo for
any firmware package. If you can't find anything file a RFP bug.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)