Re: [OT] RIP Netscape

On Dec 29, 2007, at 3:18 PM, Sjoerd Hiemstra wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, 'Netscape' is a good name. I always wondered
how names like 'Seamonkey', 'Iceape' or 'Firefox' could ever make their
way into a serious, corporate environment.

Silly names seem to be all the rage with start-ups these days, so maybe the open source community was just ahead of the curve. ;)

For that matter, at one place I worked we used to buy submersible pumps from a company that was in the habit of casting smiley faces onto all of their float switch counterweights. We sort of rolled our eyes, but we kept buying pumps from them anyway. People will tolerate a bit of whimsy if your product is good.