wine - resource hog

just wondering if anyone else has trouble using wine?
everytime that i install it, i cannot get the program
that i would like to use with it to work (so far
windows media player 9, realplayer 10, and a few other
programs that my wife wanted me to try and install for
her). infact all that i have been able to get to work
with wine is notepad (which is of little use). however
top shows wine gobbling up resources even when it is
not running anything, dpkg shows an error on any
attempt to reconfigure so i always end up removing
wine after a couple of days. however, i do wonder why
it acts that way

jwlockhart

Registered Linux User #458799
Registered Kubuntu User #19678