Re: FasterFox considered harmful

On Dec 29, 2007 5:03 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:

> FasterFox is considered harmful.  It breaks spec and connects to web
> servers more than two concurrent times, and prefetches a tad too
> aggressively for many webservers to keep up properly.

Really?  What about the 'courteous' or 'optimized' presets?  And even
if those settings are too aggressive, the extension still allows
custom tweaking of settings to decrease web server load. The reason I
ask is because I have it installed (on 'optimized'), but I would
gladly remove it if it is really harmful.

Thanks,

Jimmy
--
Registered Linux User #454138