Re: Vá: Using wdm how to pass "-- -logverbose 6" to startx?

On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 07:02:46PM +0100, Paul Csanyi wrote:
> 2007/12/28, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com>:

> > WHat window manager do you want to use?
>
> I want to use Window Maker.
>
> > What is the output of (as root):
> >
> > update-alternatives --config x-window-manager
>
> There is only 1 program which provides x-window-manager
> (/usr/bin/wmaker). Nothing to configure.

okay. interesting, my understanding is that *should* just work, but
regardless here is one solution:

create a new ~/.xinitrc file and put in it the following:

exec /usr/bin/wmaker
x-terminal-emulator

save the file and try startx.

you *should* get a working wmaker session and if wmaker somehow fails,
you'll instead get whatever the default x-terminal-emulator is in a
bare X session.

Either way, based on the logs you've sent, and the information you've
provided, you should be up and running.