Vá: Using wdm how to pass "-- -logverbose 6" to startx?

2007/12/28, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com>:
> On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 10:09:09PM +0100, Paul Csanyi wrote:

> from

> startx.
> > > >

> > > Paul, you really need to provide more information than this. What
> > > happens when you type startx?  please provide the exact output.
> >
> > I post it as attachment.
>
> Your Xorg.0.log looks fine to me. So what exactly happens when you
> type startx? maybe you don't have a window manager selected? How have
> you selected your window manager before, using wdm?

When I type startx then it runs and on the end I get a blank screen
and then I get the Virtual Terminal back again.

This was yesterday.

Today I purge the wdm, xserver-xorg, and install xserver-xorg
but without wdm again.

I try now to get X Window with startx, but without success.

I post the Xorg.0.log.bz2 again, if that help.

I think I go to reinstall the Etch system. :(

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi