> > # The primary network interface
> > allow-hotplug eth1
> > iface eth1 inet static
> >         address 192.168.5.1
> >         netmask 255.255.255.0
> >         network 192.168.5.0
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Jim
> You have no lines defining your ppp connection ? no matter,
> Remove the up iptables line from /etc/network/interfaces and after the ppp is
> up try running it from the command line to test if NAT is working.

Yes, I run the ppp manually. I did run iptable manually, but did not
seems anything added to the list?

~$ sudo /sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE

~$ sudo /sbin/iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

> the ip forwarding is still enabled right ?

Yes,  I added net.ipv4.conf.default.forwarding=1 in /etc/sysctl.conf

I also tried ifconfig eth1 down and run eth1 by udhcpc, but failed.

$ sudo /sbin/udhcpc -i eth1
udhcpc (v0.9.9-pre) started
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
Lease failed:

~$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 203.49.70.20
nameserver 139.134.2.190

Did that mean? Why ISP dhcp server did not respose? If that does not
work on my laptop, the wifi router won't get it work either?

Thank you.

Jim