Re: wifi network connection

On Tue December 25 2007, hce wrote:

> Yes, I run the ppp manually. I did run iptable manually, but did not
> seems anything added to the list?
>
> ~$ sudo /sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE
>
> ~$ sudo /sbin/iptables -L
> Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
>
> Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
>
> Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
>
> > the ip forwarding is still enabled right ?
>
> Yes,  I added net.ipv4.conf.default.forwarding=1 in /etc/sysctl.conf
>
> I also tried ifconfig eth1 down and run eth1 by udhcpc, but failed.
>
> $ sudo /sbin/udhcpc -i eth1
> udhcpc (v0.9.9-pre) started
> Sending discover...
> Sending discover...
> Sending discover...
> Lease failed:
Why are you running dhcp client on eth1 ? its configured with a static IP.

> ~$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
> nameserver 203.49.70.20
> nameserver 139.134.2.190
>
> Did that mean? Why ISP dhcp server did not respose? If that does not
> work on my laptop, the wifi router won't get it work either?

ISP dhcp server is not likely to respond to dhcp requests from eth1. your ppp
is getting IPs from your ISP. Not eth1.

when both ppp0 and eth1 is up, run the following commands as root:

These commands flushes out any iptables rules:
#iptables --flush
#iptables --table nat --flush
#iptables --delete-chain
#iptables --table nat --delete-chain

These 2 commands gets NAT and forwarding on:
#iptables --table nat --append POSTROUTING --out-interface ppp0 -j MASQUERADE
#iptables --append FORWARD --in-interface eth1 -j ACCEPT

This has to get the ball rolling.

Mihira.
--
Random Quotes From Megas XLR
Coop: You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break