Re: Changing packages

On Sat, Dec 22, 2007 at 03:18:16PM +0000, Rui Manuel Martins wrote:
> Chris Bannister wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 11:44:09PM +0000, Rui Manuel Martins wrote:
>>
>>> I want to configure the installation cd of Debian, changing the packages
>>> to "determine" wich software  i want  installed by default, etc.
>>>
>>> I need documentation about changing packages and about the  constitution
>>> of installation cd to know where i need to do changes.
>>>
>>> Sorry my bad english, i'm portuguese.
>>>

>> You want to make a custom cd?
>>
>> #apt-cache show dfsbuild
>>
>> Also check out the preseed facility of the debian-installer.
>>
>> But why not just do a base install and choose the packages you want with
>> aptitude?
>>

> looks like a good aplication. Do you know some how-to or tutorial that can
> help me use this?

Please keep the discussion on the list.

I'm guessing you mean aptitude? So you have just installed Debian from
an installation cd and you are unsure of what to do next?

Since you are Portuguese, then as root, type the following:

aptitude update
then
aptitude install debian-reference-pt-br pratico quick-reference-pt-br

If you want to know about aptitude, then also:
aptitude install aptitude-doc-en

Unfortunately there seems to be no Portuguese translation of the
aptitude documentation.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. But please keep
the discussion on the debian-user list.

--
Chris.
======