Re: Correct way to add multiple "secondary IPs"to one dev/interface in /etc/network/interfaces?

Orig-To: Jonathan Wilson <jw@mailsw.com>

>Here's the most important example from the original post. It works as-is.
>If I uncomment the commented "up" and "down" lines, everything breaks.

Can you describe in more detail what "everything breaks" means?
The internet still works for me, so it cannot be "everything" :-)

When you run "ifup eth0" on the command line, do you get any output?
Can you run "ifup -v eth0" to get verbose output?
What scripts do you have in /etc/network/if{,-pre}-up.d