Re: Correct way to add multiple "secondary IPs"to one dev/interface in /etc/network/interfaces?

> Does anyone know the correct way to add multiple secondary IPs
> (in other words, a base device IP, and 2 or more additional IPs)
> to one device interface, in this case, eth0.

I accidently sent the original post before I finished typing.

When I use a config like the last example, networking completely breaks,
meaning, that even the addresses on eth0 and eth1 that were working before,
stop working.

I don't want to use the "deprecated" ip alias/ifconfig method, though I will
if I have to. Please do not bother to explain to me how to use IP aliases, I
already know how. I'm not interested in using that method right now. I will
use IP aliases if I cannot find a way to make secondary IPs work, , but
that's no reason not to try to use secondary IPs :-D

Thanks,

	JW

--

System Administrator - Cedar Creek Software