Re: Raid 1 action on failed disk?

On Dec 20, 2007, at 5:52 AM, Daniel Dickinson wrote:
So no, likely there is nothing wrong your raid configuration. I'd suggest scsi drives and, better yet, hardware scsi raid if you can afford them, but with standard ide components there's not much to be done. hdparm _might_ allow you to detach the failed device from the ide bus, but I'm not really
sure.

I'm curious if SATA will turn out to have the same issues as IDE, or if it'll be more SCSI-like. Having only one drive per cable seems like an improvement, at very least.

It's getting hard to justify the price premium of SCSI drives, not to mention the configuration difficulties. (I have lots of SCSI horror stories, mostly involving termination problems or devices that couldn't stand to exist on the same bus with each other.)