Re: clearing some installation problems

hi...

A system speed is decided by processor and having good RAM can be
beneficial as it can help the installation process to go faster and
smoother.. if you are doing graphical install you can experience it to
be slow. check for your hard disk wether it contains bad blocks also,
check for the speed of your CD/DVD Disk drive from which you are
trying to read the medium. if unsure you can use any good disk cleaner
to clean the lenses and try again

also, i would suggest you to start your installation with some options
like ide=nodma and acpi=off