clearing some installation problems

Haridas-N
palakkad
kerala
india

Debian

 Iam one of user of debian 4.0(binary 1-3).
 My system configuraton is :
 core 2 duo processor
 intel original mother board
 SATA hard disk.

The some problems i faced during the installation of
binary-1 are
 1. It take very much time to install base
system,about 6 hrs.In which 3/4 of time is for
installing base packages &  installing 653 software
packages.The surpricing thing is that  using the same
DVD i insatll debian in other systems whit in 1 hrs.
I want to know what are the problem in my system?

2. Please help me to how mount the ntfs partitons in
debian in rw mode.I mount the ntfs partitons only in
r- mode ,and iam also use one software to mount
partitons through the console.All the partitons are to
be mounted when i type mountntfspartions in
console,but it is also be in read mode.

    I request debian community to plese  help me to
solve above problems.

   thank u.
    haridas

      Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away. Go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html