Re: import in kino from screen recording tools (avi, mov, ?)

Paul Csanyi wrote:

Hello!

2007/12/12, Peter Werner <debian@artemis.in-ulm.de>:
On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 10:36:41PM +0100, Paul Csanyi wrote:
But I can't to import them on Debian Etc with kino.
I get an error message:
Failed to load media file
"/dfat32/Iskola/SketchUp video folveteleim/sketchup.avi.dv"
or
Failed to load media file "/dfat32/Iskola/SketchUp video  \
folveteleim/SketchUp_folvetelem.mov.dv"
AFAIK kino can only use dv files, so in converts any imported
files to dv before processing. your problem now seems to be, that
you can't write in "/dfat32/Iskola/SketchUp video folveteleim/"
please check weather it is mounted read-only, has the wrong
permissions or has no free space left.

Now I have moved the SketchUp_folvetelem.mov file in my
/home/username/Kino/ directory and try to import it from there
in to the Kino, but get the same error message:
Failed to load media file "/home/csanyipal/Kino/sketchup.avi.dv"

The /home/ directory have 7.21 GB free space left,
it is mounted read/write, and
/home/username/Kino/ have usual permissons: 755.

Are there some application that can to convert avi, or mov
format in to the dv fo

mencoder -mc 0 -noskip -oac pcm -ovc lavc -ffourcc DX50 -o output.avi input.mov

ffmpeg -i input.avi -s pal -r pal -aspect 4:3 -ar 48000 -ac 2 output.dv