Re: OT: Turion64 motherboard?

Bob wrote:
koffiejunkie wrote:
Hi guys,

My Turion64 notebook's motherboard is dying, and since replacing it costs more than another notebook (which I already bought...), I'm hoping to use the CPU in a little media-center/file-server box.

Does anyone have experience of using Turion64 CPUs on desktop boards? I'd prefer Mini-ATX or smaller. From what I've read it's just a E6 stepping Socket-754 processor, so any board that supports that *should* work, but I'm not finding any boards that list support for Turion64 CPUs?

Here in a list
http://angelfall.s39.xrea.com/area2ch/turion-e.html

Thanks - that's great info!  The other links are the ones I've read already.

This is not for any serious server work - just a box at home with lots of disc space. At my old job we've used Gigabyte K8VM800M boards for entrylevel servers and they have always performed well and reliably, so I'll see if I can get hold of one of those.

Thanks